Sunday 20 February 2011

50 Book Challenge

What kind of idiot am I? Actually, don't answer that. Foolhardy.

I've decided to try and read 50 books this year. Yes, 50 books. I'm mad. So starting from today, Sunday 20th February 2011, I'll be logging every book I read. I do love reading and have an insatiable appetite for literature so I do think I can do it. It does mean averaging about a book a week though and that worries me. I'm quite busy; working as a musician and teacher can mean crazily busy weeks where I barely have time to sleep let alone set a few hours aside for a book. I do tend to make this up in the holiday periods, last Summer I clocked up 11 books in 6 weeks.

As we speak, I'm about to finish A History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters by Julian Barnes. In fact, I'm fairly sure I'll finish it tonight or tomorrow so I can tick one off straight away. Slightly cheating perhaps as I started it before by start date but it'll feel good to get one clocked up early on.

I'm not sure what to read next. A lot of books I had lined up are huge tomes but I need to get a few under my belt to give me some momentum so they may have to take a back seat.

Anyone fancy joining in the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment